Friday, August 19, 2011

The Fickle Finger (or rather, Foot) of Fate

Today's entry is a Public Service Announcement provided by Yours Truly.


Did you know you have small bones in your foot that float like kneecaps below your big toe?


Did you know that you can break them?


Did you know that wearing some very cute wedge heels in the winter time can break them?




Neither did I.


I guess that's why they say you learn things the hard way.  Yes, I will be travelling to Germany with a giant Frankenstein boot.  Fortunately, I'm half through my month's long sentence of boot wearing.  Unfortunately, I've been walking on this broken bone for about six months.


Simba sits on Das Boot



I guess you can say this an auspicious beginning.  ( I suppose I should have made a boot pun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment